Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday Work: Tora Greve, you're in my dreams


Where to begin? Tora Greve was mentioned a few weeks back on a blog I follow fondly, Fine Little Day - and while I am not in the practice of re-posting, it piqued my interest, and I had to investigate more.

Tora Greve is an artist residing in the Netherlands, hand weaving these wonderful, weird, intriguing tapestries. Her site is largely committed to the Sirius Solar System - an extensive series of tapestries telling the story of the place.

(source)

I can't say I know anything about the Sirius Solar System, other than its moniker the Dog Star. But what I can say is this - I fell in love the minute I saw Tora Greve's work.

To work with such confidence in a seemingly free and playful way...well I want my studio practice to work like that. I am learning from you Tora.


I would like to have a cup of tea, or several with Tora Greve, discuss the "news, rumors and anecdotes about the star Sirius, its inhabitants and contactees." Discuss her adventures chasing the solar eclipse.


And see more of her Space Art. Then we should go to the flea market, look at the old and musty, while walking in the crisp autumn air, the browns and oranges and golden rod colors of the leaves on the trees, beneath our feet, crumbling, ... oh what a journey it would be.



Look at Tora Greve's extensive body of work, here.

And if you are on the East Coast today - put on your boots! It's snowy out there!

1 comment: