Monday, January 10, 2011

Defy Monday: Identity Shiftin'

I was recently approached to do a fun photo shoot for a friend. To my surprise, the incorporation of a mask was at task. The search for just the right thing was much more interesting than I'd hoped, as I found all of these (and more!) along the way:

theNakedParrot.com

I had no idea the prevalence of handmade masks available for purchase online was so vast!:
 

Día de los Muertos in style:

MasqueFaire
MasqueFaire

 Maskworld.com carries these amazing hand-crafted Venetian Animal masks.


Want something a little more Donnie Darko creepy?, Yeah, they've got those too:
lamanomasks.com

 It's my belief that changing it up, even if for a temporary short time, can add some fun, mystery and spontaneity to your life. (Think back to the first time you saw the Breakfast at Tiffany's shoplifting dime-store scene...) Don't have to wait until Halloween or be a kid to enjoy a mask. You could even make it your next project and whip one up yourself!






No comments:

Post a Comment