Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wednesday Work: Linoleum Prints: Troy Lovegate



So, I am really into acessible art as of late. Art that I think I could make too... ok, well, at least art with a process that isn't way far over my head, or way out of my ability to gain materials for.

Viola - the linoleum print, or linocut. No fancy materials, nor does one need a lot of materials. A process - that once you get past the idea of printing backwards - laying down those colors in the background first and working your way out to the front of the print - a process that doesn't seem too difficult to understand.

L-L-Love these linoleum prints by Troy Lovegate! A jack-of-all-trades, he works in painting, drawing, mixed media and installation as well.




You can see more of Troy's work here, and here.



And in the spirit of doing-it-yourself, check out easy to follow linolem print tutorials here, and here. The first one even has a margarita recipe at the end! (The second is more kid-friendly.)

(source)


Who's going to try it with me? I'll post mine, if you show me yours....

No comments:

Post a Comment