Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wednesday Work: Inspired - Beer Art for Philly's Beer Week


Type the words "beer art" into Google's search engine and you end up with a lot of links to images like the one above. I don't know what I expected with a search like that, but innocent and star-y-eyed I thought to find something truly inspired. I guess I should have been shooting a lot lower.

I was about to give up hope and let my dreams go of finding some beautiful beer art (though I know from being a working artist myself, that many studio sessions are indeed alcohol-fueled), I would have to find another way to honor Philly Beer Week ... and then it happened,

I stumbled upon this gem,

(source)

And then another,

(source)

These beautiful, artistic, beer bottles, can be credited to Beck's current ad campaign to bring "music-inspired art" to their labels, working with musicians (and artists) Ladyhawke and Hard-Fi.

Its not the first time Beck's has collaborated with the contemporary art scene. They have also worked with modern artists, Tim Head, Damien Hirst, and Rebecca Horn, to put out these bottles pictured below.


(source)

Dy-na-mite! I look forward to seeing more of Beck's labels as they arrive.

You can learn more about Beck's beer company, here. And more about the artist's here: Ladyhawke, Hi-Fi, Tim Head, Damien Hirst, Rebecca Horn.

Until next time: keep it cold and keep it pretty.
(And I've gotta ask it: has anybody out there ever had a Beck's? What's it taste like?)
(Okay, bye.)

No comments:

Post a Comment