Monday, August 9, 2010

DEFY MONDAY: bicycles + tattoos


Big news from this past weekend - after walking with the dogs down to the neighborhood bike shop to pick up a new tube - I fixed my first flat, all by myself!
I know, I know, not exactly rocket science or even an awesome show of physical strength, but it is those small victories, is it not(?), that put the sugar-free frosting on our mundane day-to-day.
And it was! It was exhilarating! And I did! I did want to run out and get a rad how-to-fix-a-flat-bicycle-tire-diagram tattoo. But I digress,
(Perhaps I should wait on the permanent ink until I overcome a repair which involves a little more difficulty or an awesome show of physical strength.)
Check out these illustration by Matt Taylor! I am sure all of you out there know someone around your 'hood like this. (Ugh:way to go Dad - all I can think is: where are their helmets?)

(source)

(source)


Bicycles + Tattoos + Art = a splendid day ANY day! See more of these things at Brush & Spoke, Pedal Consumption, and Fixed Gear Blog.

A ball-bearing hub?
Can I be honest with you out there in blog land?
I keep dreaming about a mobile made of sticks & feathers & string & rocks, I think the tattoo sitting there just inside my subconscious resembles a ... dream-catcher! shriek BaHahahaha (evil laugh), on the inside of my upper arm, The Sea won't mind, no, not at all.
Oh the lunacy of a humid August - hope you all enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment