Monday, May 31, 2010

DEFY MONDAY: In LOVE...with water towers

(source)

The way to work can DEFY Monday too! I am lucky enough to ride my bike past this water tower everyday on my way to the office and everyday I enjoy it. All the history and industry and manmade relics, all long since forgotten, serve to create a very malleable landscape full of very real potential. This side of the city feels accessible to my hard work, I could nail a board here, tie a rope there, and put a fresh coat of paint on half of that, and viola! (yaknowhatimean?)







A bit of real time surrealism? Eye-candy for sure. They make my day dream heart beats fast. Whether it be items from the top self of the refrigerator, or an alien space ship,




A little bit of photographic history, are you familiar with Bernd and Hilla Becher? They loved water towers too, traveling the German countryside archiving German water towers and industrial buildings, in the 1980s.



(source)


On another note....caught in holiday-going-back-home traffice on I-76E, I got to thinking - wouldn't it be mad style-points for our everyday existence if they outfitted all those construction, commercial lawn mowing, etc. machines to look like gaint insects, or dinosaurs, or something of the like? I want magic, people, magic in my everyday life.


(source)


(source)

And did you hear? They're experimenting with wind power made from flying kites! Yessss!
Okay, enough from me - go DEFY MONDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment