Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wednesday Work: Lunch!


It's about that time around here - time for lunch! Almost (but not) more than eating my lunch - I love preparing my lunch, styling my lunch; and looking at pictures of lunch once the eating is done.

You can see my measly offering up above (we're talking some serious constraints here in accessibility and styling - the carrots would not agree to be shot head on: I'll have to check their contract).

But alas, there is puh-lenty of B E A U tiful pictures of lunch out there in web land for you to look at.


I saw this cake as an angry face, until just now. I was attracted by the humor ... that apparently isn't there. But anyway,
Design Sponge has a lot of great recipes and A LOT of wonderful food photography.
You can find images like this below, outlining the ingredients of a dish,


Or you can head over to Grass Doe 's Johnathan Levitt, who takes a viewpoint more so on the side of commercial restaurant photography.

My favorite food photography is one that sets up a scene, a scene with a story. Then not only can I daydream about the food I would be eating, but imagine who it is I might be sitting across from and what we might be discussing.

Some kind of "When Harry Met Sally" road trip rendezvous or an afternoon at home building a print shop in the basement,

Or my favorite - - traveling with my lover through Iceland's cold countryside, boots crunching the snow, perspiration freezing us to our scarves, on our way to the next, then the next town for a bed and breakfast and a cross-country ski trail, stopping for a hearty bowl and a delicious brew,
Check out 101 Cookbooks for more images like the one pictured below.

All this talk of food! With Thanksgiving right around the corner! What will your holiday table look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment