Monday, October 4, 2010

DEFY MONDAY: Diva

I'm usually a jeans and t-shirt kinda gal myself, and whence the weather changes, a sweatshirt is added. In the office - layers and layers of button-ups and v-neck sweaters. Both wardrobe types which lend themselves well to anonymity, and a special skill that I have to be able to blend way into a crowd.
It could be the pre-AM frost coming in my open window last night, well before the morning alarm, or the thawing of a pitbull before morning coffee - he woke teeth gnashing, ready to take over France or some other unknowing country, like a little Napoleon (feel bad for the lab that lies next to him); whatever it is I have a wild hair, and this DEFY MONDAY: I say - diva.

It could be something "subtle" like the pigeon feather headdress or the androgynous bow tie, both pictured above.
Or you could go for something all-consuming, but anonymous still, like these knit costumes below from Mark Newport - an artist exploring masculine identities through knit one-sees. Okay, okay, gender politics, but don't they just look plain cozy?

But, I said diva - you want to be anonymous?Let's shake it up out there. Fall into and reside behind a mask like one of Nick Cave's (not of the Bad Seeds) Soundsuits.


Nick Cave is an American performance artist interested in wearable sculpture, but I don't think you have to be a diva or an artist to make your own awesome outfit!
(source)


I just ordered some new on-sale sweaters in COLORS (read: not black, grey, or brown), & I might even splurge for an afternoon cup of coffee (read: diva).
Its the little things sometimes,
let's all live - LOUDER.
***Don't forget, Halloween is coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment